Meter Interface Modem
The CS-MIM is a intelligent modem providing wireless connectivity over public GPRS/3G/4G network to energy meters used in power distribution or transmission. The CS-MIM modem is capable of communicating with meters over RS232/RS485 serial port. The device is typically used for remote meter data acquisition of Distribution Transformer / HT consumer meters.
The CS-MIM modem currently supports DLMS/COSEM protocol. A companion MDAS application retrieves data from these modems and stores it in a database. All data elements like Instantaneous data, Load Survey Data, Billing data, Tamper and other event data are retrieved and stored in the database at periodic pre-conﬁgured intervals.
The modem can be used in both 'push' and 'pull mode' of operation. Apart from scheduled data transfer, 'On demand' data transfer can be initiated for Load Survey, Billing, Tamper and Instantaneous data.
The device has an in-built wireless network (GPRS/3G/4G) connectivity monitoring capability to ensure that any loss in the wireless network connectivity is detected and remedial measures initiated to re-establish connectivity.
The modem operates from 90V to 470V in 'Single Phase-to-Neutral' or 'Phase-to-Phase' mode. The enclosure is designed for IP54 compliance and it has sealing provision for the entire enclosure. The modem is tested and in operation with the following makes of energy meter Secure, L& G, L & T and Genus.
- GPRS or 3G or 4G Models
- Sealing provision for enclosure
- Automatic re-connection
- SIM sealing
- Detects Power on and Power oﬀ events
- Pull mode or push mode of data transfer
- Scheduled & on-demand data retrieval
- Transparent mode and non-transparent mode
- Status and data transfer LEDs provided
- Supports DLMS/COSEM Protocol or Propriety Protocol
- Detection of loss in wireless network connectivity
- Power supply: 90 to 470V AC Single phase or Three phase
- RS232 for meter communication interface
- Distribution Transformer & HT Consumer monitoring
- DT / HT / LT monitoring and Windmill and Solar plants
- Remote metering data acquisition
- Substation AMR
- Solar generation monitoring substations
- Wind power generation monitoring
- Antenna: SMA Type Antenna
- SIM Interface: Normal SIM Card with 3V / 1.8 V
- Serial Interface: RS-232 with DB9 Connector for the meter communication
- AC model :IP55 Enclosure – 201mm(W) x 120mm (H) x 55mm (D)Panel mounting with sealing provision for enclosure
- Storage Temperature : -20˚C to +70˚C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% Non-Condensing
- Type Test EMI/EMC:
- CISPR22 : Conducted Emission
- IEC 61000-4-2 : Electrostatic Discharge Immunity Test
- IEC 61000-4-4 : Electrical Fast Transient/Burst Immunity Test
- IEC 61000-4-5 : Surge Immunity Test
- CS-MIM—4G-AC3: Meter Interface Modem – 4G – 90 to 470 V AC Power supply with IP54
- CS-MIM—GPRS-AC3: Meter Interface Modem – 4G – 90 to 470 V AC Power supply with IP54